The First “Integrated Green District”
Through the project “Logintek Casa” (LGK / C) and the agreement with ZFK. SBM has started the creation of a new “Integrated Green District-IGD”, operating in different activities: logistics, industrial, residential and service. The IGD is designed in order to ensure a full-electric energy consumption where all the demand is met by renewable sources.
The IGD is conceived as an ‘”Electric Island” with a single, centralized network connection to the local distributor. The goal is to become totally independent from fossil fuel sources and from the national grid.
FEATURES OF THE INTEGRATED GREEN DISTRICT:
- All buildings, industrial, service or residential are designed with the highest energy efficiency standards;
- Rooftops and some lateral walls will be equipped with photovoltaic panels, totaling 13 MW of power capacity;
- Conditioning, heating and cooling facilities will be equipped with heat pumps and “adsorption” systems;
- Public and private lighting will be equipped with LED systems, italian components design;
- Internal mobility will be guaranteed by “full electric” vehicles with innovative charging systems;
- The district will install systems for detecting weather data and consumption of each user in order to be able to show the economic effects of the project and make it usable even in terms of staff training of national and international level.
- The entire area will become independent from the external power grid (Onee) and ensure security and continuity of supply to all users settled.
- A new energy service company (the Logintek Energy Services -LES, a joint venture between ZFK and SBM), will leverage a central control system to ensure the continuity of efficient management of the entire energy system of the area.
The cooperation with Zinafrik will also regard the future settlements made by Zinafrik in the next few years, which will guarantee the establishment of 120 MW PV capacity in the country.
SBM and Zinafrik together will constitute the new joint-venture Logintek Energy Service, which operate as the electricity distributor within Logintek settlements.
The initiative will contribute to the objective of 42% of renewable energies in the Country within 2020, of which 14% of photovoltaic.